I recently switched from Geico to Travelers for my home and car insurance. The car insurance was substantially lower and the home insurance a bit higher. All policies had the same coverage. I wanted to stay with one company so I bundled with Travelers. One month later I received a letter saying my home insurance has been terminated because " A recent inspection revealed unfavorable physical conditions of the property" as describe "The asbestos siding is damaged".

Replacement Cost- $244,500.00

First of all my house is appraised only at $135,000.00

Secondly approx. 25% of the façade is asbestos shingles with the remainder being Stucco as is the other 150 houses in my neighborhood which were all built during the same time period. Modern & traditional Stucco is made up of lime, sand, water and Portland cement. NO ASBESTOS!

Thirdly the so called damage consisits eight shingles located on the bottom row which were just chipped during *** wacking.

The time it would take me to repair the damaged shingles would be two hours with one hour waiting for the paint to dry.

I called Travelers to obtain a copy of the inspection report and all other supporting documents used in making this bogas and false report. The women I talked with obviosly had no construction aptitude or knowledge about what I was trying to explain and called their Underwriters (Fidelity & Guaranty Insurance Underwriters) I kept inquireing about the additional documentation used by the inspector such as building codes, standards and specifications used to make his or her determination and was told three times that the underwriter would send a repair contractor to make the needed repairs never getting an answer to my question. $244,500.00 for eight shingles. What a bargain! Never talked to the Underwriter and was told the company that did the inspection, Millinum, does not except phone calls.

WHAT A SCAM!

Having spent over thirty years as a inspector in various industries such as nuclear, petro chemical,refineries and building construction I am fairly familiar with inspection codes, standards and specifications.

I am currently awaiting the inspection report to find out exactly how this so called inspector made his determination before I file a written complaint with the consumer inspection agency in Trenton NJ.

Review about: Travelers Home Insurance.

I liked: Auto insurance rates.

I didn't like: Hiome insurance rates and services.

1.8
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Travelers Insurance Company?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.