Travelers Insurance Company Property Insurance Review
I recently switched from Geico to Travelers for my home and car insurance. The car insurance was substantially lower and the home insurance a bit higher. All policies had the same coverage. I wanted to stay with one company so I bundled with Travelers. One month later I received a letter saying my home insurance has been terminated because " A recent inspection revealed unfavorable physical conditions of the property" as describe "The asbestos siding is damaged".
Replacement Cost- $244,500.00
First of all my house is appraised only at $135,000.00
Secondly approx. 25% of the façade is asbestos shingles with the remainder being Stucco as is the other 150 houses in my neighborhood which were all built during the same time period. Modern & traditional Stucco is made up of lime, sand, water and Portland cement. NO ASBESTOS!
Thirdly the so called damage consisits eight shingles located on the bottom row which were just chipped during *** wacking.
The time it would take me to repair the damaged shingles would be two hours with one hour waiting for the paint to dry.
I called Travelers to obtain a copy of the inspection report and all other supporting documents used in making this bogas and false report. The women I talked with obviosly had no construction aptitude or knowledge about what I was trying to explain and called their Underwriters (Fidelity & Guaranty Insurance Underwriters) I kept inquireing about the additional documentation used by the inspector such as building codes, standards and specifications used to make his or her determination and was told three times that the underwriter would send a repair contractor to make the needed repairs never getting an answer to my question. $244,500.00 for eight shingles. What a bargain! Never talked to the Underwriter and was told the company that did the inspection, Millinum, does not except phone calls.
WHAT A SCAM!
Having spent over thirty years as a inspector in various industries such as nuclear, petro chemical,refineries and building construction I am fairly familiar with inspection codes, standards and specifications.
I am currently awaiting the inspection report to find out exactly how this so called inspector made his determination before I file a written complaint with the consumer inspection agency in Trenton NJ.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Auto insurance rates
What I disliked
- Hiome insurance rates and services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."