Travelers Insurance Company - Travelers Home insurance

I recently switched from Geico to Travelers for my home and car insurance. The car insurance was substantially lower and the home insurance a bit higher. All policies had the same coverage. I wanted to stay with one company so I bundled with Travelers. One month later I received a letter saying my home insurance has been terminated because " A recent inspection revealed unfavorable physical conditions of the property" as describe "The asbestos siding is damaged".

Replacement Cost- $244,500.00

First of all my house is appraised only at $135,000.00

Secondly approx. 25% of the façade is asbestos shingles with the remainder being Stucco as is the other 150 houses in my neighborhood which were all built during the same time period. Modern & traditional Stucco is made up of lime, sand, water and Portland cement. NO ASBESTOS!

Thirdly the so called damage consisits eight shingles located on the bottom row which were just chipped during *** wacking.

The time it would take me to repair the damaged shingles would be two hours with one hour waiting for the paint to dry.

I called Travelers to obtain a copy of the inspection report and all other supporting documents used in making this bogas and false report. The women I talked with obviosly had no construction aptitude or knowledge about what I was trying to explain and called their Underwriters (Fidelity & Guaranty Insurance Underwriters) I kept inquireing about the additional documentation used by the inspector such as building codes, standards and specifications used to make his or her determination and was told three times that the underwriter would send a repair contractor to make the needed repairs never getting an answer to my question. $244,500.00 for eight shingles. What a bargain! Never talked to the Underwriter and was told the company that did the inspection, Millinum, does not except phone calls.

Having spent over thirty years as a inspector in various industries such as nuclear, petro chemical,refineries and building construction I am fairly familiar with inspection codes, standards and specifications.

I am currently awaiting the inspection report to find out exactly how this so called inspector made his determination before I file a written complaint with the consumer inspection agency in Trenton NJ.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

• What I liked
    • Auto insurance rates
  • What I disliked
    • Hiome insurance rates and services

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Travelers Home Insurance
Review category
review #864864

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Travelers Insurance Company? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Travelers Insurance Company. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Travelers Insurance Company.
Filing a new complaint about